Monday, November 12, 2012

August - October

Wow, how has time gotten away from me with this thing again? Now I'm going to have to actually think of what happened the last few months... Gosh dang it!

August

Tubing The Salt River

Sadly, there is no pictures to go along with this adventure. But it was fun nonetheless. I took off the last day of public swim with one of the other guards, and we had a fun day of just being lazy on the river. Granted, it started with someone being a little grumpy in the morning... But hey, what can you do? The cold water took care of that! We did the top half of the river twice, which was so extremely fun. I screamed like heck during the rapids, and Justin made fun of me. Tis life. The second time around, we continued onto the second half. That half SUCKS. It goes so slow, and there are way too many dead spots! I blistered up for the first time in my life being I was just a sitting duck for the sun to attack. Stupid sun.

Cabin Trip


A couple weeks after the tubing adventure, I headed up north(eastern) with my mother for a trip to my cabin. I was thinking it'd be my last adventure here for the summer. Libby loved it, as always. And the place was gorgeous, as always. Nothing too eventful happened however.

Selling Teej

This was perhaps one of the saddest things that happened all year. My baby got sold, with very little noticed. 

September

Jeeping

Jeremy and I packed up and headed to Colorado for the weekend, and brought his Jeep. That place is beautiful. The drive there is way too long though, I thought it was never going to end. Especially since we stayed in Ouray. Its like, hey you're in Silverton! But you've still got an hour to go. Not to mention on the way to Ouray, we stopped off and did a hike. And saw beavers, and a lake. Ready for the onslaught of pictures?
Ice Lake


Me Looking for the Beaver

Once we got to Ouray, we explored the town some... Then ate at the restaurant underneath our hotel. Which I really wasn't impressed with. At all. The next morning, there was an Immogene Pass Race. Like, on foot. Crazy people... Why would you do that to yourself? Surprisingly, a lot of the runners were from Flagstaff. They must run the San Francisco Peaks, or something. But after that, we had a sad complimentary breakfast at the hotel, then headed out for the day. We went through Silverton, hoping that our jerky guy would be open early. Sadly he wasn't. Which is extra depressing, because that might of been the main reason I was on the trip. I love my jerky! :( I'm depressed now just thinking about it. Maybe a winter ski trip to Durango Mountain... Then hoping he's open.

Anyways, the rest of the day, we went up to California (first two pictures), then to Cinnamon (not pictured), into Lake City where we at lunch (the lake is pictured), then back through Engineer Pass (pictured). We ended the day eating at the Ouray Brewery, which was pretty good. We also ate at an ice cream place earlier in the day. It was awesome, best ice cream sundae thing ever. Like, I'm in love with it for some reason. Super rich, not sure how they do it!

The next morning we set out early, went over Imogene Pass to Telluride, at breakfast at some place where I got a donut... Then headed home on another long drive.


View from California Pass





October

Roadtrip

The beginning of the month, I went on a roadtrip with Amber. For a photo project of hers. We camped on the rim the first night, made an awesome fire and s'mores. The next day we drove around, then camped on the rim again. There was more than that... But I'm loosing steam for this post.

Cabin Trip

Near the end of the month, I took off to my cabin for a truly last trip up there of the year. With my cousin and her hubby! And Libby, of course. It was fun, and just more fun. Fires, s'mores, hot chocolate... Airsoft wars. It was a great weekend, no doubt.

No comments: