Okay, so I have this class that I'm taking this semester, NTR 241. Human Nutrition. My feelings on this class are mixed. Its interesting in parts, and my knowledge on a lot of things is expanding. But then again, I feel like its a class designed to scare the crap out of you. And I mean that in the best, and sincerest, way possible. I go to class every time, and I come out not wanting to eat anything. Seriously, everything is just HORRIBLE for you. Everything. Nothing is safe. Not even the nice leafy greens. Its pretty much depressing. It makes me feel guilty for eating like I normally do. But then what can I change? Yeah, I can improve in the area of the RDA standards. But that doesn't fix half the things. What about where the food is grown? HOW its grown? WHAT an animal is fed? HOW it is raised? These are just questions that are in the back of my mind when I eat things. Like that nice juicy piece of chicken. What type of things are in it? Or that nice, amazing, hamburger. Where did that come from? How many countries did the meat come from to make that one burger? Its sickening. I can wait until I get to the higher classes where its more science based. That way I'll know that some chemical composition of something-or-the-other is bad for me. But it wont be as big of a deal. I wont be able to tell most of that when I go to enjoy my unhealthy - yet tasty - lifestyle.
Oh the joys of being a nutrition major. :/
No comments:
Post a Comment