Anyways, that's all I'm going to complain about that. For now. But the last time I posted, was roughly a month ago... Which is actually pretty dang frequent for me lately!
But here's my month:
Before the Long-Awaited Freedom.
The time leading up to school getting out, really wasn't that exciting. I went quading once or twice, can't exactly remember right now, found some cool natural structures. My brother bought a jeep, but it has automatic windows and locks so I feel like its cheating. It rained! Which was technically before I got out of school, because I had to wait two hours to take my online final, in which I was enjoying the beautiful rain storm.
(a break in between the rain)
(they are called something weird, don't ask)
Mr. Touch-my-Head, and Mr. Snail.
After school got out, on the wonderful day of April 26th, I have done a couple hikes. One down here in Arizona, and two in Utah. The third hike had the best view at the end (waterfall), but I didn't have my camera with me. I didn't even have my phone, gasp! But I'm getting ahead of myself here.The day after I got out of school, was my friend's 21st birthday party. And we celebrated it, in full Mormon style. She had a carnival in her backyard with bobbing for apples, goldfish races, hulahoop contests, facepainting and beyond. It was much fun, and I got to talk to my other good friend, Lora, who is back from BYU for the summer. There was only one really noteworthy event that went on during this time, after bobbing for apples and getting half of my head wet... a guy came up to me and slowly reached out his hand to touch my head, silently. Then walked away. So worth getting my hair wet.
The next morning, I went on the hike to the indian ruins. Santa Ancha, to be more precise. To get there, you had to drive on twenty miles of dirt road. Twenty! Just to get there and hike! Insane. But back there, there are also some old WWII uranium mines, which I want to go explore. So I guess I'll be heading back to that area soon.
( a sign telling you that there are ruins in the area)
The next few days were kind of uneventful. I played tennis with my mother, went to church... packed. Spent a day scrapbooking making something for the lovely Natalie. Oh! And I saw my snail. He's legit, much better than any snail you have. Seriously. Then, Wednesday morning I went and did baptisms like I do on a weekly basis.
(told you he's awesome)
After baptisms I rushed home, took a two minute shower, and then headed to the airport. It took less than ten minutes to get through security, and get my ticket. And thus began the waiting game. There was a cool dude next to me that was from the German Military. Kinda cute. But anyways, got on the plane... Talked to the girl sitting next to me, who was roughly about the same age as me, and then I was in Utah!
The Adventure in the Land of the Mormons.
And now for my Utah adventure. This is getting to be a long post, isn't it? Oh wells. I got to Salt Lake, and Natalie and Chad (her fiance) picked me up. We went out to lunch, and then Natalie and I drove up into Provo Canyon (at least I think it was provo canyon). We went up to Squaw Peak, and looked out over the valley.Then, we went bowling that night, after wasting away the rest of the day doing random stuff (except visiting the wonderful Hillary, that wasn't a waste nor was it random). The next morning, we woke up (early in Natalie's eyes) and hiked the Y. When in that area, you have to do it, right? Except apparently my mother, who graduated from BYU and never once hiked it... Disappointment. After the hike, we went to the Creamery. It was pretty good. Too close to BYU for my liking though. :P That night... I'm pretty sure we went shooting. Although that very well could of been Saturday night.
(aren't we a fine looking pair? ha)
Friday, in the morning, Natalie and I went to the Provo temple and did Baptisms. Always a wonderful experience! Then, we went on yet another hike. This was by far the most pretty, which is why I'm sad that I didn't get a picture of it. Hopefully Chad will post some eventually. He had a good camera with him, and got some awesome pictures.Saturday, we went with the boys to go get their tuxes fitted/measured. Whatever its called. Then we went to City Creek, the new mall south of Temple Square in Salt Lake. After that, we headed back towards Orem. We attempted to go sailing that night. And then we watched a movie. In the morning, we went to church and then headed to the airport ending my Utah trip.
(sailing)
(airport)
(when in Utah... won't my mommy be so proud of me?)
I'm loved, by a creepy guy.
That night, I went to the CES broadcast in good ol' Arizona. Full of heat and more heat. The next week I went to FHE (kind of a rarity for me nowadays), Natalie's bridal shower, stake humanitarian day, and Tialene's wedding reception(where I agreed to go to a missionary homecoming, somehow). I also went to the doctors, where I got poked a couple of times. Oh joy. And then I had a fun time catching up with Tatum. There was also an awesome rainstorm, which came out of nowhere.
(random, intense rain storm)
Tuesday, I hung out with Amber. We hadn't seen each other in a while, so it was quite the ordeal. It started with us errand running, which was fun. But that kind of morphed into shopping. We're girls, and it happens. After that, we went and took a quick dip in her pool. But I might have thought it was sort of cold. So then we went on an impromptu Jeeping adventure. Which eventually turned into us eating at Applebee's. And getting ourselves painted.
After that, Amber was trying to take a picture of my face, but her phone somehow (cough, cough) spazzed. So we headed down to the Apple store to see what they could do. While there, one of the workers -- who was slightly creepy -- noticed our painted-ness. He put his arm around me, and told me the he loves me. Ohh boy. Apparently I looked slightly freaked. Eventually, Amber got a new phone to replace her spazzy one. While there, the same creppy-ish dude came up and said "So, Red Robin after this?" Amber then mentioned that he had on a wedding ring. But he didn't, the ring she saw was on his right hand. He had a ring on his middle finger on his left hand.
(my face looks cooler than yours, be jealous)
Yesterday was fairly uneventful. Although I did go do payroll processing for lifeguarding this summer. I officially start tomorrow. And I am so dreading it. I could go rant and rave about why I dislike that job so so so much. But I won't. I did wear glasses yesterday though! Yes, those things do actually appear on my face sometimes. How random!
(sporting the glasses. :) )
Its the end of the world as we know it.
And that pretty much is my life, or was my life for the past month. I really shall try to update this thing more often. Unless absolutely NOTHING happens. Which, with work starting is totally possible. Except for the fact that Jared is coming and visiting in about a week, and then I might go hike Havasupai the next week... And then there is a Bachelorette party the week after, and then a wedding the weekend after! Yeah... I'll try to update! :) Peace out loves!
(my dog is cuter than yours, another reason to be jealous)













No comments:
Post a Comment