Monday, June 11, 2012

Havasupai Trip, June 2012

Wow, can you say awesome adventure? Well, if you can, you're describing my weekend in a nutshell.

What'd I do? Well, I went to Havasupai! And that picture up there doesn't even do the place justice. Sure, I was sore the entire time I was down there, and blistered up. And for the larger portion of it sunburned... But it was still awesome. I mean, it is seriously a gorgeous place. Amazing that something like that exists in Arizona, where so many just think of cacti and dryness.


But no, this place is different. Its got endless water, its pretty dang green. The water has an amazing color because of the lime deposits in it. Which also make the bottom of the river white, allowing you to see down into fairly deep water. Awesome!


Also, on this trip I stuck it to my fear of heights by hiking down to Mooney falls. Its a huge cliff that you basically just climb down holding onto chains for your dear life. Or at least that's what I was doing. Although I didn't do cliff jumping, I might eventually. I've down little cliffs in the past. But some of those things were giant. Maybe if I make another trip down there?


Even with the battle wounds (seriously blistered feet, it still hurts to walk on them), I'd say it was definitely worth the trip. Of course, I get more and more sure of that the less sore I become. Right after reaching the top of the switchbacks, I just wanted to die. And then magically appear at home in a bath, soaking my muscles.


All in all, though, good trip!



No comments: