Alright, so Wednesday in institute Eric asked me what has built my testimony most, and what has gotten me to the point at which I am now. So, my answer was simple: my experience with cancer, and the leadership positions I've held in the church. But basically, with the cancer thing, the underlying theme was that when you go through hell, you realize who you really are. Sometimes I forget this lesson, I must admit. But I look back at my life, and I've always fixed who I am. Readjusted. Got back to who I really am. Me, in the truest form. And I've discovered that when you reach the hardest parts in your life, you can't give up. You have to have the attitude that there will only be positive outcomes. Which is hard, I must admit, as I find myself as being sort of a pessimist a lot of the time. But with a positive attitude, everything just seems to turn out better. I don't know why- but it does.
So, the song that came up during the conversation was, obviously, "If You're Going Through Hell" by Rodney Atkins. Great song, great moral to it, actually. And a great fiddle part to it that I want to learn. And also, I've realized that I've been slacking on a lot of things lately. I used to just go sit on the temple grounds and read the scriptures on Sunday afternoons... And now that the weather's nice again, I have no excuse not to. Basically, the conversation was really actually an eye opener. So I am resolving to be better. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment