Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Upside-Down

Okay, so basically I'm insane. But in a very subdued way. I know I've mentioned this before, but I'm very shy. Until we become really close, good friends. Then my true side comes out. The crazy, random, nonsensical me. The side of me that's not hidden behind insecurities and all that crap. The part of me that comes out when I blog, like now. Normally, I wouldn't just go up to a random stranger and tell them all this stuff about me. And that's what this is doing, telling anyone that comes along this blog about ME. My life, my thoughts.

But that's that. What else can I say? I know that I opened up my blog with some reason, some real intent of writing something down... But what?

So... I have this amazing class. NTR 142. Applied Food Principles and Preparation. Basically its a cooking class. Its the most bomb class ever. I love the girls that are in my group (technically its two lab groups but we always work together). You have Missy, Jessica and Evon. Missy is my actual lab partner, and is amazing. Jessica is so cute, and she's pregnant so that makes her even more adorable. Evon is just fun. She's 34, but she does not seem 34. Or like she has a 14 year old! But she's a cook, which makes all of our lives better. We learn all the real tricks from her, not our lab instructor. But we just chill and cook and talk to each other every monday morning for two hours. Its brightens my dad. Then we get to eat yummy food.

Let's just say that I can make some pretty dang amazing things. I mean, I cooked before. But not to this extent. Not with such an awesome, fancy kitchen. By the end of the semester, I will have made a cornish game hen. Which I never thought I would do in my life. But how the class works is each group takes a paper out of a bowl, and on it is written the recipe that they get to make. Our pick this week? Pineapple Upside-Down Cake.

Here is the result:

It tasted amazing, trust me.

Previously we have made Lemon Broccoli Rissoto, Potatoes, and Awesome Macaroni and Cheese. All of which were awesome in ways that I haven't imaged possible. Also, I have gained experience in making Coconut Pudding, Muffins, Thai Noodles, and so many other things.

The only thing that I have to say to people who laugh at me for having to take a cooking class for my major is, hey, I'm going to be one awesome wife.

No comments: